Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Earthquake

Well, in all the craziness surrounding Halloween I forgot to tell you that we had our first baby earthquake last week. It was weird. Brian was at dinner with a client and I was home with the kiddos (who were sleeping) and the house shook, just for a second. I mean it was so quick, that I thought maybe I had just imagined it. I looked up and the blinds were still moving back and forth like the wind was blowing inside. So so weird. So, being from Florida, I know exactly what to do in a hurricane, but not a clue what I should do in an earthquake, so I went online to learn. Turns out there is not all that much to do, you stay inside and away from doors and windows (much the same as in a hurricane). But that was all we felt and the night moved on. Brian and his clients felt it at dinner as well. We checked it out and it was located near San Jose. After we talked to some of our friends that have been here for a while, they said that is as big a movement as we ever get here (very consoling for the me). So we are quite glad that is all we get!

Check out the link for info...
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/5.6_earthquake_strikes_California

No comments: