Friday, December 7, 2007

Oh, The Weather Outside is Frightful...

Well, it is not really frightful, it is actually gorgeous here. Still amazes me what an absolutely beautiful place we get to live in. It snowed for the first time this morning. The kids were so excited I practically had to hold them down and help the get dressed before they ran out in their pj's. They kept saying that it was Christmas (b/c the only time they have seen snow is when we are at my parents for Christmas). So this is all new and they are loving it. I must say that I too am thrown back into a childhood wonder of the first snow. It is all so new and perfect and beautiful. God never ceases to amaze.

Well the three of us (Brian is out of town) were so excited by the snow that we decided to walk to school in it. It was fabulous!!! Jack yelled the entire way there about all the things he saw that he just couldn't believe were covered in snow ("LOOK THE CROSSWALK HAS SNOW ON IT", "AND LOOK, THE TREES HAVE SNOW" etc). About half way to school (school is about a mile away) Jack says, "I am sorry I am being so loud, but I am so excited about the snow and it is more beautiful than I ever imagined". Okay, so he will never stop making me laugh by the big thoughts that come to his little head.

These are some pictures from this morning in our backyard before we left for school. Jack wanted to get a picture of Half Dome, but it had disappeared into the clouds.

No comments: