Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig...

I know, I know, it has been a ridiculously long time since I have posted anything new. But the weekend after the Snow Ball the kids and I took a trip home to Florida! I found these super low fair flights out of Las Vegas (an 8 hour drive from here) and off we went. Brian was already in Florida at the time for a conference. So our paths crossed for a couple of days - it was fun! So we began our trip with the drive to Vegas which was really cool b/c the scenery changes so drastically from where we live down to the desert. The kids were totally fascinated with looking out the window! We arrived in Vegas around 8:30 at night and Jack immediately declared that "this is the most beautiful place I have ever seen!" I told him it was a god thing we were there at night b/c it is not all that great during the day. We were a bit early for our flight so we drove down the strip to see all the lights and hotels and whatnot. The kids were so funny. Molly said "are we in Paris?" (she saw the Eiffel tower) and then Jack saw the Sphinx and wanted to know if we were in Egypt. It was pretty funny. So then off we went on our red eye flight. We had some good sleeps on the plane and then woke up and headed off to see our dear Beedi waiting for us! The first night we were there we had a delicious and a most favorite thing - low country boil!!! It was a fabulous meal and so much fun to see all out pals! The rest of the trip seemed like a blur. My grandparents and Brian's parents did not know we were coming and so it was fun to surprise them. We spent lots of time hanging out at the pool and seeing our friends. We went to Disney and the Zoo and all in all had a most excellent trip!

The flight home was crazy bumpy. I mean so bad that the captain had to get on the speaker and say "if you are traveling with small children, please hold on to them." I was a mess - thank goodness the kids slept through all of this. We did finally land back in Las Vegas at 11pm and then we got in our car and headed home. Tired and exhausted but thrilled to be back in our little nest in the world. I do love it here and if it weren't for our friends, I would want to stay here forever!

No comments: