Monday, January 14, 2008

The Chair Lift

Both kids made it up the chair lift this week on their fourth day skiing, ever!!! They graduated from the baby hill and headed on over to the lift! It was very exciting to watch!! They loved it and both did really really well. Molly told she thought it was like flying and she said she thought maybe she was a bird - too cute! Jack has become a speed demon coming down the hill. I have a few pictures from Jack's school ski day on Wednesday.

Brian and I took the day as well and went up to join the school. Brian convinced me to try snowboarding - not a good idea. It was awful. Brian was very good at it, and I have decided once and for all that I do not like my feet stuck together on the same board like that. Also, I am thinking that it is a sport more suited toward men as the boots are not all that attractive and they make you look like you have kankles. But I did give it a go with the help of my nice instructor from Argentina. I think I would be dead if it were not for him. I got the hang of it, but I just really like the gracefulness of skiing. The next thing we are doing is cross country and snowshoeing. We figure, we are here, so we might as well try it all and enjoy it, otherwise, what's the point.

Okay, that is all for today. I am all chatty today - Brian is in New Hampshire for the week on a business trip, though he did call me this morning to tell me they were going snowboarding (nice business trip - maybe someone could send me :-) We miss him quite a bit, but are very busy this week and he will be back late Thursday night.

Here is a little video of Jack going down the big hill for the first time.



No comments: