Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Fresno Falcons come to the Park

Our "local" (two hours away) hockey team came to the park the other night and the kids got to skate with them. They are the Fresno Falcons and their Mascot is Freddie Falcon. It was really cool. Jack had such a good time. He really wants to play, I think next year he will. (In the group picture Jack is all the way to the right, behind the kid in an orange jacket) They also had lots of fun giveaways and then they signed autographs. At first Jack asked me what an autograph was and why should he have one. So after I explained, I sent him through the line with his friends. When he was done, he came running back to me and said mom, quick, give me my puck, they can sign those too (I guess he got the whole autograph thing).

At
that point Molly decided she would like to have whatever it was that seemed so cool, and off she went armed with her puck and a smile. She would not get to close to them and she would definitely not talk to the players, but good old Jack did enough talking for everyone in the park. In the end it was a good time had by all! Brian will be sad he missed the event. But I think Jack would like to go to a game, and I would love it, so we will have to do that before the season is up.

Molly is wearing "The Golden Jacket". That is what she calls it and I think it's funny - had to share.

No comments: